Sales of gerbera cups and gerbera cup machines
Roskam Young Plants is the worldwide agent for the Japanese company Nakayama ltd. which is specialized in the manufacturing of gerbera cups and gerbera cup machines.
Because each gerbera flower is individually protected with a cup (small plastic sleeve); the gerbera flower will handle the transport period much better without damaging the flower. By using the gerbera cups the gerbera flower will arrive at the florist or wholesaler in top quality, which reduce the chance of claims.
Click here to view our gerbera cup machine YouTube video
Click here to download our gerbera cups brochure.
The advantages of using Japanese cups compare to boxes or Flower rackets are;
- The gerberas are individually protected which decrease the chance of damaging the gerbera flower.
- The cost of the packaging and transport per gerbera flower are lower.
- Reducing transport cost by up to 50%.
- No more bent gerbera stems.
- Stem length of all the gerberas could be the same.
- Easy to transport the gerberas in water.
The advantages of using Japanese cups compared to netting are;
- Reduce botrytis or mould which could build up in the transport period because the flower stays open.
- You could use the gerbera cup-machine to put the cups on, which saves labour.
- Less chance of botrytis or mould during transport because the cups are perforated.
- Easy to remove from the gerberas.
- Visually more attractive.
Gerbera cup machine; There are gerbera cup machines operating in Australia, America, Holland, Japan and New Zealand with very satisfied comments of our customers, with the high labour cost in these countries the gerbera cup machine save growers a lot money on their labour cost. The gerbera cup machine is suitable for standard gerberas.